Today, I had a meeting with my activity board advisor Emily, in which she got up to speed on how classes and CAB events were going, and basically what was happening in my life. I love that she cares to learn about each of her students one-on-one 🙂
Anyway, in the meeting today, she kept asking the question, “What else is good?” I had to think about it every time she asked. I had to really think about what was going good in my life, which I didn’t like. My life is pretty good, and I feel happier than I have been in a while, but it still took some effort to be able to express what good was happening in my little world. So, I decided to really think about what is good in my life. I set a timer for 5 minutes, and this is what I came up with.
- I haven’t gotten lost yet in my math class.
- While my meteorology class is super boring, I have over 100% in the class because my teacher gives so much extra credit.
- I am growing as an artist in my Drawing class this semester.
- Cinderella opens next week and this show is gonna be awesome!
- I made the Improv team again! This summer, I get to travel to San Diego with nine other super awesome, talented funny CYT students to compete in a comedy competition called Improvaton.
- My car works in the snow, thank the Lord.
- Walking Dead starts again on Sunday.
- I got four new piano students!
- My Mac doesn’t restart every ten minutes anymore.
- Art Club at school is going great! It’s been so much fun so far, and I can’t wait to see what this awesome group of people do this spring.
- One of my paintings sold at the Juice shop that I sell art at this week.
- While I love doing shows, after next week, I’m doing to have a month and a half off from rehearsals. I’ll be able to catch up on school stuff and get a handle on my big research project.
- I have a free drink to go get at Starbucks tomorrow.
- I have a warm home, food in the fridge, running water, a toilet, wifi, and a wonderful family to come home to everyday.
If I spent more time, I could probably come up with a much longer list of what is good in my life. A lot of the time, we forget how good life can be with all the crap that pops up. 2014 was a pretty rough year, and it was often hard for me to see the brighter side of things. But everyday is a gift. God is always good, and I am thankful for everyday He has given me.
So, what good in your life? Ask you answer that question, answer this one: What else is good? There’s always something else that you can be thankful for 🙂
Until next time,